If you’re like me and want the be on the bleeding edge of software, you’re probably eying iPadOS 13.
Click here to get a sense of the new features in iPadOS 13
Below are the steps you need to follow to install the public beta on your iPad.
- Create an archived backup of your iPad
- Enroll your device for the iPadOS public beta
- Install the iPadOS 13 public beta
Create an archived backup of your iPad
Before doing anything, backup your iPad. Archive the backup so that in case you want to revert to the public release of iOS you can.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Open iTunes.
- Click on the Device icon next to the category dropdown menu on the left side of the iTunes window.
- Select Summary from the sidebar.
- Select Back Up Now under Manually Back Up and Restore.
Now to create the archive.
- Now if you’re on a Windows PC you will need to do a few extra steps to archive your backup
- Go to %AppData%\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSynce\Backup
- Find the latest modified folder
- Rename it something else
- On an Apple
- Go to the iTunes menu and click on Preferences
- Click on the Devices tab
- Control-click on your Backup and choose Archive
Enrolling your device in the iPadOS 13 public beta
- Go to beta.apple.com on the iPad you want to enroll in the beta.
- Tap on Sign up to get started. (If you’ve already signed up for a previous public beta, tap on Sign in and skip to our “How to enroll your device” section below.)
- Enter you Apple ID email address and password.
- Tap Sign up.
- Tap Accept to agree to the terms and conditions.
The next steps are done from your iPad
- Go to beta.apple.com/profile and sign in with your AppleID
- Click on the iPadOS tab
- Scroll down and click the Download profile button
- You’ll be prompted to allow the website to download a configuration profile. Click Allow
- Now go to settings and click on the Profile Downloaded
- Click Install, type your passcode and scroll down and hit Accept
- You’ll now be prompted to restart your iPad
Installing iPadOS13 on your iPad
- Launch Settings from your Home screen, tap on General, then tap on Software Update.
- Once the update appears, tap on Download and Install.
- Enter your Passcode.
- Tap Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Tap Agree again to confirm.
Working in IT for more than 10 years now, I’ve run into problems that are very specific to network and system administration.