The HP Elite X3 Lapdock might have been designed to work with the well ahead of its time HP X3 Windows phone, but it makes an almost perfect Dex accessory.
Here’s a quick look at what Dex is
Everything works ok on the lapdock, except some shuttering when watching videos whether local or streaming. Follow the steps below for a fix, that improves performance dramatically.
With the phone plugged into the LapDock and Samsung Dex working, hold the power and battery indicator button together until the unit restarts.
After the unit restarts right click on the sound setting on the bottom and select “Display Sound”.
Start Dex on the lapdock and check if youtube videos are playing normally. If not:
- go to Settings on your phone
- click on “Sounds and vibration”
- scroll down and click on “Advanced sound settings”
- click “Separate app sound”
- turn the feature on
- if you get prompted with selecting an app, just pick Youtube from the list.
- at this point, you might receive a notification prompting you to change the audio output
- click on change
Following these steps should allow you to be able to use the lapdock as intended.
Working in IT for more than 10 years now, I’ve run into problems that are very specific to network and system administration.